Friday 10 May 2013

PURPOSEFUL CHALLENGE



At a cross road, I asked God for directions. I needed to know what I was expected to do with ME now since he took my dear husband away and with everyday birthing something different, I was eager to hear from God. I enjoy working with women either as a makeup artist, planning beauty events or encouraging women to be their best even in the midst of their struggles. Until my dear hubby went on a journey of no return, I pretty much took things for granted but then God opened up my eyes to His plans. It became much clearer as I looked at other women standing where I found myself, to see the many challenges they faced and to stand with these young widows and encourage them. The fact is, God doesn't allow our hurts into our lives to destroy us (Jeremiah 29:11)  but for the purpose of others; to help them and so how we handle our challenges determine the outcome and whether or not we can come out of it.

Although the road ahead isn't smooth and every memory that sneaks out of our eyes all roll down our cheek and it seems like we are on a never ending roller coaster ride, but through it all understanding your purpose in your husband's absence and not someone else's purpose for you is part of God's plans for your future. 'So how does the absence of my husband fit into the plan God has for me?',  you ask.  'How can God move me on out of  these pains and then connect me with what He has for me?'.  Well firstly, you really need to stop searching for explanations as to why it ałl happened and be willing to trust God and listen up closely.
Your life is much more centred around God than it used to be and therefore you are in a better position to hear from Him now that He has become your HUSBAND. You seek His guidance now more than you did before. 

Eight months on still I'm holding tightly on to God and although I feel the temptation to be afraid of the unknown but again God opens my eyes to see I have no reason to be afraid. All I need do is to have faith in Him.

I sat next to an elderly man on my way home when suddenly I felt a slight tap from 'Peter'. "I need to get to the train station and I can't see very well. I'm blind", he said.  "That's ok", I said offering to help him all the way to the station. As we walked towards the station, I couldn't help but notice his appearance. Peter was smartly dressed and as I looked further I could sense the excitement in him as thou he was a little kid on a day trip to Hamleys toy store. Peter informed me that he was on his way to Blackpool and out of curiosity I questioned him further. " All by yourself?" I queried. "Yes",  he responded and carried on speaking excitedly. "I usually wander around because I get bored sitting indoors all alone. I have a lot of money on me and I'm sure I will be fine". As we approached the station, I advised him to be more careful by not going around telling everyone he meets just how loaded he is. I said to him, 'I  know God will go with you and you will have a great time'. We said our goodbyes and went our separate ways. Deep inside of me I wished someone went along with him, others may think he was foolish traveling on his own. I went further into my thoughts as I admired his courage and realised if Peter, a blind elderly man could take the risk of travelling to the unknown without any support other than his cane as guide, how much more you and I who can see and have the knowledge of God. 

None of us were briefed or schooled on what to expect as a widow, however, we do have a choice to open our hearts to see that which God really wants for us on this journey. To activate your peace you must understand God's desire for you now, in your pain, in your husband's absence and then connect with what He has placed within you. 

Isaiah 26:3-4...."You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast,because they trust in you. )4 Trust in the Lord forever,for the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal.  You can not have it in the natural until you believe it in the spirit, you must connect with it mentally and then it will flow out into the physical."


Dear Lord, help us remember to trust you in the moment we find ourselves and to live in the moment we are in now. Release us from the fear of the unknown as we accept the plans and purpose that you have for us. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment