Saturday 18 May 2013

LIFE LINE





When my sister got back from work, the usual 'how was your day' questions rolled in. "Oh, fine", she responded with a bit of excitement as she narrated the events that took place on the training course she had attended. LIFE LINE she said; "what's that?" I asked curiously,. Well basically its a career self assessment  task that involves you charting out your life's experiences from birth and it includes both the good and not so good experiences of  your life. And although some of these experiences pull us in one direction whilst others may have caused us to resist move in the opposite direction, however, all of these experiences have attributed in shaping who we have become today. Although its a career self assessment task, I became increasingly excited and was willing to adapt it to my life and so I proceeded to pencil it in on my to-do list for the following day.


And so I  began with 20 mini squares and proceeded to making a list of people, places, and events that have been important in shaping my life, with pictorial illustrations to show the events that had occurred in certain periods and with my final square illustrated in a bright colour block to show a brighter tomorrow. After putting it all together, it was time to take stock when suddenly I felt a cloud of deep sadness settle upon me. I looked at all the challenges I had faced as I became a pillar of salt and I struggled to see past all these events and a stinking thinking took hold of my mind.  Now with the passing of my dear husband added unto my LIFE LINE, I became increasingly unhappy.  As my countenance changed, I became grumpy again and fear appeared. My thoughts were beginning  to drown me like quick sand but again God Showed up and  reeled me back in and connected me to the main reason why I decided to draw up my LIFE LINE. I wanted to see how far I had come in life, the lessons I had learnt, the impacts I have made and to the progress I am still making. God drew my attention to Isaiah 43:1 "But now, this is what the Lord says He who created you, He who formed you, LAYO “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine". And so since God is aware of my LIFE LINE, He definitely has a beautiful plan ahead. As that clicked in, I relaxed my countenance.

Although on the outside it often looks like things are falling apart for us and our LIFE LINE reveals we have been dealt with far more than we can handle, still God is aware and He is making it all new for us.  And with every passing day I am assured that all of my pains and your pains the Lord has taken care of.

 Looking on at my LIFE LINE yet again from another angle, I was instantly filled with gratitude knowing that throughout my LIFE LINE, God carried me all the way and so now He wants me to see opportunities ahead of me. So I prayed to God for more strength to carry out His will for me.  Understanding God in your experience and your relationship with Him matters a whole lot for your growth and so I choose to celebrate the uniqueness of my LIFE.

Have you ever felt like giving up? crawling back into your hole? blocking everyone out and just to sit still doing absolutely nothing?.....yes! I have felt like that and more a few times and in fact, some few weeks back. I just thought, 'why bother, what's the use?' nothing made sense any longer and although I speak with Daddy every second in my 24 hours still I was faced with this challenge. "How do I  get past all these emotions?

Charting my LIFE LINE  has given me that extra boost I craved and therefore giving up is never an option. I now cease making boundaries, or controlling my environment in a bid to protect myself but to look ahead and see freedom knowing even when my world is shaken, I can recall all I have learnt in my LIFE LINE and press forward. 
I encourage you my dear sisters to draw your own LIFE LINE to see how far God has brought you and to have HOPE for a better tomorrow. I will not only survive but I will thrive.

Dear Father, I thank you for my LIFE LINE and although I do not understand why, but in all I have been through I see you Oh Lord! and I know Your plans for my future is bright. THANK YOU JESUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment