Friday 3 May 2013

NO LIMITS



I was chatting with a friend via WhattsApp and we were encouraging each other like we usually do. Then I asked her this question, “What is your definition of God?”. Her response… 'Like a Mother! He gives life and would not leave you suffering'. And I replied her saying, that there is no definition of God. He has done so much for me, some of which I am aware of and others I am clueless about. He has stood in places no man can stand and has carried me through the roughest and toughest of times, and so I refuse to lock Him up in a box called, 'Awesome', 'Marvellous', 'Faithful', 'Redeemer' and all others. However, I will say I see God in all I do and go through and He represents all of the above mentioned and much more.

Jeremiah 1:5...." Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”  I was on my way out yesterday morning and i was meant to leave a note instructing the post man to leave my parcel with my neighbour as  I was aware I wouldn’t be home to collect it which meant it would have been returned back to the depot until I made further arrangements but some how the thought escaped my mind.. After a hard day's work, the battle carried on and I wished that I really did leave a note however I thought perhaps by luck I may well meet the parcel delivery guy if I made it home on time . For some reason I just took my time and by now i was certain I would have missed him. The scary thing was God knew my thoughts without me saying anything and he delivered all of my parcels to my neighbour!  Not only was He aware of my thoughts, He also made sure I didn’t rush myself because He had planned it all. So where am I going with this?  Well sometimes we just don’t understand the extent of His love for us; His love is limitless and is much bigger than we know it because the things that matter most to our hearts also matters to Him so that is why I can’t find THAT definition suitable enough for my GOD….

My mini-me (as i like to call my daughter) and I were in the kitchen cooking and having a conversation as we usually do. She started singing along with me and was getting her words all mixed up so I proceeded to correct her. She then said "mummy, you know 'Above other God' means..... there is no more space for anyone after God"... wow I was impressed, my 7 year old in her own understanding summed it all up and in my thinking I still can't find a definition for my big God.  He is God above all and He is well aware of our state of minds, our finances, our broken heart, our children, our loneliness and much more (and I am certain of this) His plans are already in progress for us. We have a unique opportunity to focus on God now like we never did before when our hubbies were still here and although its not a journey we planned or foresaw, we can make the most out of this season.  Knowing the truth and actually living it are two separate matters, and when you know the truth about His love, it will set you free and propel you.." John 8:32.  Know that if He has brought you to it, He will without a doubt bring you through it and even when your thoughts are focused on it be rest assured He has already answered. 

John 1: 1 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God” and God called the word into being and as a result we are now enjoying the benefits.  These words and many more he has promised us and he will see them come to pass in our life......Isaiah 54:4-5
4 “Do not be afraid; you will not be put to shame. Do not fear disgrace; you will not be humiliated. You will forget the shame of your youth and remember no more the reproach of your widowhood.  5) For your Maker is your husband—the Lord Almighty is his name—the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer; he is called the God of all the earth. 

We have a choice to allow God walk through with us on this journey to HOPE and to understand that He is ever present in the little and big things of our lives and has placed so much importance on us and so we simply must trust him not only with our mouths but in our thinking also and we must know He is our God of NO LIMITS!!! 

Dear Father, 
I don't want to ask for anything but to simply thank you for hope, for strength, for your Devine love which no one can offer. I want to thank you for greater grace to carry on in times when all we want to do is give up but you show up reassuring us that truly it is well. Earlier I  know I said I didn't want to ask for anything but I have now changed my mind so here it goes...... Lord please help us to put a STOP to limiting you in our thoughts or actions, help us understand you are still that same God who called creation into begin by your words and by those same words you have saved us.  Thank you Father for answered prayers. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment