Monday 29 April 2013

A COLORFUL MORROW

I cant help but notice the difference in this seasons summer colors and as I look around in excitement i see many nature inspired pastel colors, alongside bold and bright colors including fluorescent colors  which suggest to me this summer will be colour popping.  Feeling so inspired I  prepare for church as i choose to mix the brights and bold... green, yellow, and electric blue together. 

As I looked at my reflection in the mirror it felt as thou God was confirming a change in my life. He was saying to me, my child as bright as the colors you have on today is, so will i brighten up your life and bring great changes your way. My heart was filled with an instant reassurance and so out of eagerness i questioned further, when Lord, when?  Like you I wished I could, you know pop it into the microwave oven and 2 minutes later change is ready. I have waited far too long lord and all I want is a change to the tapes I play daily in my head, to the pain that feels fresh every day, I WANT IT NOW. And so as i focused deep on the changes i want from God, he made me understand that I must be fully prepared for any change he will allow into life.


How lord I asked?

His response I want you to stay focused on me and not all you see before you today, or tomorrow and although I know it's a challenge, but i want you not to worry about the morrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."Matthew 6:34... So it's not mine or your job to worry about the changes that we want but it is God's place to worry for us, however all he ask in return is that we remain focused and prepare for our change and it means we must drop the attitude of complaining  and grab unto the attitude of praise by been thankful in all as we see reasons why we must be thankful.  

Psalm 32:8-11 "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; 9) I will counsel you with my loving eye on you Do not be like the horse or the mule which have no understanding but must be controlled by bit and bridle or they will not come to you. 10) Many are the woes of the wicked,  but the Lord’s unfailing love surrounds the one who trusts in him. 11)Rejoice in the Lord and be glad, you righteous; sing, all you who are upright in heart!  As it all swirled around in my head, really it began to make a lot of sense. 

So how do you see yourself, are you confident that with God you can and will do all things or do you feel stuck in sorrow, pain and anger and still questioning God. If God were to reveal answers to all our why's would it bring closure for us probably not and in fact we may get even more confused. Although we crave an immediate change,  we must understand that change is in fact constant in our lives and although it is often disguised as a painful ending but in reality it is a new beginning. You see God will not allow the changes that are designed for your greatness until you are fully equipped for it. Romans 12:2 tells us not to conform to the ways of the world but we must be transformed by the renewing of our minds and only then are we able to test and approve what his will is for us. Basically to see changes you want come to pass, you must think it, pray it and live it, only then will God deliver it.  


Your change will come, your morrow will brighten up because God does not over look the pains of the fatherless and of the widows. He will set you on high places and people will come to know more of him because of your testimonies. When your change comes it will be unlimited, it will grow faster than your expectations it will lead you to where your imagination hasn't taken you. So rest on the pillars of his strength and watch the manifestation of the changes you have called forth.   

To the times when making sense of all thats happening around you becomes more confusing... STOP let God make it clearer, for the times when its seems change is another century away stay focused its nearer than you think and just breathe easy as you enjoy a Colourful Morrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment