Monday 22 July 2013

BRING IT HOME

Who am I ?

What do I want for my life ?

Where do I start from?

These questions i ask myself every now and then. I meet my husband at age 24, he was easy to like and always made me laugh. In the 14 years of me knowing him, I have  cooked for him, supported him and loved him with all my heart. He was free spirited and often didn't remain angry for a long period of time, he was of great strength and never gave up easily.  We did so much together, and God blessed us with beautiful kids. I was also blessed to have learned so much from him one of which is PATIENCE and how best to respond to issues.

Have you ever heard that saying before God is a God of second chances. Yes indeed he is and has proved it to me over and over again. In the past months I have learnt so much about myself, and still learning. At a recent church event where i happen to have been working with children from the community, as expected when children play often times they are unable to see accidents that may come their way because they are so engulfed in the fun things it is the adult that sees. I noticed a little boy was about to fall of a slide and with my mothers instinct I dive to try to catch him which I did. Unknown to me the little boys mother was watching me and she hurried over to very quickly and asked very rudely that I not touch her child. As I tried explain she cut me off and affirmed what she had said earlier. In shear disbelieve I begin to think and was grateful to God for bringing me this far. Now i am convinced now that with every challenge I experience, I  must seek God's face and allow his leading as i respond to any such challenge. I really do not want to retake the class over and over again.

With my experience through a 12hours surgery where God through the help of the doctors substituted the old for the new,  I remember asking God to open heart so I could hear from him to know what he expected of me in that season. At that time the pain was much and i just couldn't comprehend why me, but little did i know that God was going to give me a second chance and i was to use my experience to raise awareness in the body of christ. Yet again with the passing of my dear husband, God gave me a second chance again but unknown to me God was building my strength level from my previous challenge because he was aware this season will come and I would be in great need. All of my experiences collectively have pushed me further into the arms of God. I am now at the stage in my life where all i want to do is please him with what I have. If you haven't already started, now is the time to discover you, ask God what it is he expects of you and to put to practice all you have acquired through your experiences.

Whatever the challenge you face now, embrace the lessons God wants you to learn from it so that when your second chance comes you will get it right. Your second chance could be a new move, a new Job or Biz, motherhood or even a new relationship but whatever his second chance is for you, embrace it and bring it home as you do your best with the situation and bring glory to the King of Kings. 

Prayer
Lord I thank you for the gift of a second chance and although whilst we go through our different challenges and having no understanding of why we experience them still we are thankful because we know you love us dearly. May we continue to stay focused on your word and be willing to step out in faith without questioning you as we see our second chance as a mighty gift from you and bring glory to you know. 

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment