Sunday 9 June 2013

BE YOUR FRIEND

Proverbs 23:7 "For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee." We can identify those negative thoughts in our head and then replace them with positive thoughts that fall in line with the word of God. Some of our life's happenings are down to the way we think, and our thoughts produce the wrong emotions and wrong reactions and eventually wrong actions.


Seeking answers and trying to understand why, for a brief moment I wished that my dear husband hadn't come my way only because of the pain I suffer now. However, I am quickly reminded of the reason why he was sent my way and understand it was but for a purpose. The fact still remains that he was indeed a part of my life, that part which birthed great joy and happiness and for these reasons I am grateful that he came my way. When I miss my husband so much which is pretty much every 24 hours, I try with the help of God not to allow negative thoughts steal away my joy and peace. Isaiah 40:8."The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever".

Initially when I was ill with cancer back in 2010, I battled with fear but deep within me I wanted to be well again. I vividly recollect a conversation I had with my brother where he said to me and I quote " "Funmi if you want healing from God, you must prepare your mind". I further asked what he meant by that and his response was that my thoughts must be in line with what His word says about healing, I must recite and meditate these words day and night. Joshua 1:8 "This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success". The word must basically be a part of me as though It were a prescribed medication for my healing. Although I still had moments where fear will come upon me, I will fight it and tell myself the truth regarding my healing and according to His words.

As a widow you are faced with so many negative thoughts and with FEAR been at the top of the list; not knowing which direction to take, or how best to deal with the grief process that never seems to end, you begin to think within yourself how lonely the road ahead is. You start to wonder if there will ever be a normal phase in your life again, what the future holds and if really you should move on with your life without dear hubby. Wait a minute! all of these thoughts are false and really you don't have to believe every thought that finds its way into your head. You have a choice really and nobody can tell you the truth like you can and as you are your own best friend. Only you can make that decision to get OUT or stay IN. Psalm 119:105 "Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path". 

If you haven't already done so, now is the time to have that heart to heart talk with yourself and tell yourself some home driven truth. So you are hurting and it seems no one understands your pain, however, God does and He has said He will be with you when you pass through the water and through the fire ( Isaiah 43:2 ). So you are all alone and struggling with the kids and it all seem too much. Well, have you handed it all to Him?( Matthew 11:8), or perhaps like me you are wondering what the future holds? Wonder no more! He has said it all. (Matthew 6:25-34). Finally, when was the last time you said thank you Lord? Not just the usual thank you, but a thank You Lord from the depths of your soul to your Father who watches your every move, who delivers before you even ask, who knew you will walk this journey but made a way out and who loves you in spite of your unfaithfulness in trusting Him. Like you, often the temptation comes my way, but I made the decision and had my one to one chat with myself asking God to help me to bring Him all the glory through my life.

God has given you the ability to do all things so go ahead and be your own friend and tell yourself the truth and in return you may bring glory to His name. 

Dear Lord,

Help me to stay focus on the strength you have given me and remember that I can do all things through you, and to also remember that thoughts will come, however i do not have to believe every false statement from the devil.  I chose to hang on to you Lord because your purpose for my life is greater than my thoughts. Thank you Lord for loving me always Lord.


Your daughter
Rèmy Olowu


No comments:

Post a Comment