Monday 3 June 2013

REST


Although I am aware that change is a progress but sometimes I wish it was instant. Even though I know that surely it is a journey I must go through, but sometimes it feels like an endless one. I find myself almost struggling in the waiting period as all my thoughts and fears become a monster to me. I began to cry as I was missing my dear husband yet again, feeling stuck and confused as it all became too much for me to bear. I wrote down my husband's name as though he would read it and perhaps respond to me; assuring me all will be well. But within a few minutes, God attended to me yet again as my friends and loved ones rallied round me to encourage and pray for me. Indeed I am blessed to have such wonderful people in my life and I appreciate them.

Yet again as I was staring at my phones, as i crawled back into my hole the pain was too sharp for me to bear. Something strange happened when some how my brother was finally able to get through to me after many attempts and although we are a close knit family, however, what transpired confirmed yet again that God was in full knowledge of my thoughts (Isaiah 55:8-9) . As my brother began to speak, it was as though he could read my mind, although he mentioned a few things I had discussed previously with him but others he just had no clue about and I wondered how he knew.
The challenge I was facing was in navigating my thoughts to reality. Fear and confusion took hold of me and I just did not know how to move on or what to do to move on. Although I knew I could write things down (Habakkuk 2:2), however, on this occassion, I guess it just never crossed my mind until my brother mentioned it to me. God used my brother to calm the storm down and to widen my thinking as He opened my eyes to see how these changes can be birth. Here I was having doubts and God yet again re-assuring me some more that he had everything under control.

Still on the same issue, I decided to stop by on Thypreciousjewels, a group that has helped me through difficult times over the years; a group where people can boast of great testimonies and as I logged unto Facebook, God showed up again. The admin had set aside a day for prayers and had posted a prayer list that some how happened to fall in line with my thoughts. Coincidence you might say..... but I think not as this can only be a confirmation from my Father again. God confirms His plans in many ways but it is up to us to embrace it and remain calm as we see the manifestation of His plans in our lives. When we are buried up in challenges, it is then that God makes the storm smooth and provides rest and peace for us. Although we often don't see it that way because we are more focused on our challenges and we begin questioning God on why He has allowed so much to befall us.

Matthew 11:28-30

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Now being the positive person I strive to be after both major incidents of my life, I was sure God was trying to tell me something yet again. He wanted  me know that He has set aside plans for my future and I need not give into the temptation of worrying, confusion, unhappiness or give room to the devil to steal my joy. Our concern shouldn't be on how God will do it, just like our children trusts us to do things for them, we should be more concerned about trusting God to same for us.....Psalm 32:8 "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you."

 An easy barometer for measuring if your thoughts are from God is to first pray about it, asking God if these thoughts are from Him then listen up for the next action.  I remember my thanksgiving service back in 2010 after my brief illness. I focused so much on my healing because I was aware that this was God's plan for me and then I found healing sriptures and personlized them, making daily use of them. I visualised  my thanksgiving service even before I had my surgery and paid little or no attention to what was happening in between. I prayed with a thankful heart and danced each time I visualised my thanksgiving day because all I wanted was healing just as I want directions for my life now. Now, I have decided to use the same approach, remain calm and focus on the beautiful picture God has showed me as I  listen up for His directions. 

"Thank you Lord for constantly throwing great reminders at me, reassuring me of Your great love for me. I know if You did it in 2010, You will definitely do it now and give me REST! Hallelujah!!". 

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this, you are a huge blessing and I believe that God has great plans for your life (it's obvious he's already started :-)
    May He continue to show you how loving and 'always there' a Father He is *hugs* xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your great words encouragement may God bless you and Amen to your prayers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rest!Such a simple but powerful word.May God grant us rest round about. I am just praying for mercy that God should give me peace of mind and calmness even at this phase of my life.Thanks once again for this wonderful piece.God will continue to comfort you and give u more inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ flaktezy babe. He said my peace I leave with you ..... John 14: 27 and although we know this sometimes it we focus on the pain and forget his promises. It is well sis I know this too shall pass. Amen to your prayers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lord i thank you for your assuring words once again. Lord help me to find rest in you as i stay calm in you.Help me again to know your plans and purpose for my life. Remy, God bless you for this inspiration, may He increase you.Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen. Thanks for your kind words of encouragement

    ReplyDelete