Monday 3 March 2014

THE LINK #1

At my usual health check, the lovely nurse who looked to be in her late forties had a calmness about her as she took my blood pressure. Not sure how we got there but we got personal as she began to talk about her relationship and why there was so much unrest in the world and this was down to the lack of peace in peoples' lives. As I listened on, I interrupted with my own contribution and went on to tell her that the greatest commandment God had set for us was LOVE ( Matthew 22:36-40) I told her i was of the believe that if people would love themselves and others a bit more, the world would be a better place. The nurse disagreed with me instantly dismissing the fact that there was a God.


Not surprised at her comments, I was eager to know why she felt this way and her response was simply, "well, why is the world the way it is if there truly is a God who cares?".  I went on to say that often times we orchestrate these destructions ourselves and secondly if I told her more about my life perhaps that will shake her up a bit and get her wanting to know more about God.  As I got my coat in preparation to leave, I left her with a  final thought  "if she truly wanted to know if God existed, all she needed  to do was ask God to show himself".  As I left her office, I began thinking deeply and trying to understand why anyone would conclude that there was no God. I figured it out, it was the fear of the unknown. How could you possibly serve a God you do not see? That's pretty scary if you think about it because there are a few immediate questions that springs up in mind...who is this God and what is He like, how do you form a relationship with a God you are unable to see, and how do you communicate with him. But you see the link between God and us trusting the unknown is FAITH. Its sort of like knowing you need air to breathe and even when you are unable to see it but we are LINKED in with faith and facts that air is essential to help us breathe.

The deeper I thought, the more sense it made as I linked it all to the journey of widowhood. One common word most widows probably hear is FEAR not. Even the bible makes references to this in Isaiah 54:4-5. Initially after My husband passed on I would hear words like  "you should not be afraid, the lord will strengthen you", and as I heard these words more often my mind drove off in different directions as I thought, "will the ghost of my husband appear to me?, is there something major ahead of me?"  and all other scary thoughts came to mind. Of course those words carried weight because I had just began a journey on a totally new road to the unknown and so fear accompanied me.  With each day having a new fear of its own I just wasn't too sure of what the next 24hr would bring my way and since I was holding unto God I had to trust him to remove the FEAR I was unable to see.

Fear (false evidence appearing real) is an enemy with the tendency to destroy and its main aim is to eat up your peace and prevent you from seeing God's purpose. I am thankful for healing and restoration from God (Jeremiah 30:17). Back in 2010 I was diagnosed with 0 stage of breast cancer. It was a pretty challenging journey for me, I fought a lot of fears initially as I tried to understand why I was placed on this journey. It was huge for me and my family and I needed God's help and he responded to my cry. 

In the midst of it all I made the choice through the help of God to listen only to the positives and not the negatives. When you are faced with challenges its so important you aware of whom you allow into your space, your mind and  your heart as the words they utter can bring LIFE or DEATH to the situation (proverbs 18:12). My brother spoke LIFE into my situation, he said "funmi you must not give into the temptation of fear" and you must be ready to receive your healing. In trying to understand his message I asked if  the temptation of fear was the same as the temptation of adultery and he said yes. From his response I made the decision to change my mindset.

As I journeyed on through my healing I didn't want to sin against God so I battled and fought my fears with his words ( Ephesians 6:11-18).  I was determined to see my healing and so I began to visualise the end of that journey. Everyday I would speak into my breast, speak into my mind and I would dance and rejoice for my healing.  The #Link for me is #FAITH  I trusted God as I dragged all my fears out and made them stand before God, why did I do this, well simply because of the proven facts of what God had done in the past for me and I was certain he wasn't gonna fail now.

You may not see a way out of where you find yourself at the moment but Link on to the almighty God, and with prayer and supplication with thanksgiving make your request known(Philippians 4:6). Finally Don't forget to thank him for every opportunity that maybe disguised as trials because if He brings you to it He will carry you out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment