Saturday 17 August 2013

MY HEART BEAT

Being awake in the early hours of the morning has somewhat become the new normal for me and as i sat up in bed i went deep into my thoughts wondering why i had so much faith in God with all that i had been through. Was it because the bible had instructed us to do so or was it because i was aware of His supremacy or perhaps i was moved on the testimony of others whatever the reasons it is well worth it. 

Faith can be likened to the heart beat in the sense that we really do need it to stay alive (2nd corithains 5:7) and with all the challenges we face in this world having faith will keep us focused on God and not our challenges. 

A while back I asked a few of my friends what their definition of God was and the answers I got wasn't anything out of the ordinary and although i myself couldn't find a definition suitable enough for this great begin however i was aware that all of these names reflect who God truly is in our life. And since i was unable to come up with a definition for God, i knew who God was by faith and by faith I had seen him do so many extraordinary things in my life including walking me through this journey.

Often times when we are faced with huge challenges one of our thoughts is to just drift away from God perhaps because we wonder why he allowed the challenges our way and so we proceed to question him rather than to have faith and trust him. When reality kicked in at the early stages of my widowhood journey, the encouragement i had received from my family and friends was enormous , however i still had the bulk of the work to do. I needed to encourage me and to stay connected to God by faith even when i didn't feel like it and so in order to stay connected to God i had to believe his every word.  How was i supposed to do that whilst feeling the thorns of widowhood I soon figured it out, it was the healing pill of FAITH and so i was determined. I soon began visualizing the end of my pain, tears, sorrow and unhappiness before I saw the manifestation.  Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see".

I was always  role playing, trying to fit into a strong character as i visualized how stronger i will get after 1month into my journey and believing with each passing day i can actually do it. And as I looked at my life line i could see God in every area of my life and here he was again calling out to me to keep moving. But although the residues of past events seem to always stick out still i was determined to see him. But how can I not put my trust in God I asked myself, how can I not have faith in His supreme power it was the only way out alive. 

As the days finally get closer and closer still in disbelieve that my dear husband is no more, i have seen the manifestation of my faith and it pays to have faith in God. So i have decided to celebrate the gift of life, to be thankful for this journey so far and to continue to have more Faith that he that started a good work in me is more than able to carry it through (Philippians 1:6 )

Prayer

My dear Father,


I thank you for the great gift of Faith, the gift that keeps us alive in the hardest and toughest  of times it is a symbol of your love for us. Your words have told us that alhought a woman may forget her sucking child yet you will never forget us and it is these reasuring words that keep us alive.


Father in times when it seems our HEART BEAT is slowly fading away,may we be resuscitated as we remember the many times you had stood in there for us. Restore our healing hearts so that we may continue to do your will. Thank you Lord for rulling over our lives in Jesus name I pray.

Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment