Friday 8 March 2013

ALL OF ME


Having gone through so much you are all over the place making sure everything is running smoothly, the bills are paid, kids are feed and clothe, the house is clean, comforting the kids when needed,nursing them when they are poorly and loads more that we often neglect ourselves. Matthew 24:43 "But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into". Looking after ourselves should be at the top of our priority list because the kids need a healthy mum and you need a healthy you.. We should pay more attention to our body,his temple so that we are in a better position to do his will.

Our minds can wonder into many places that in the process we may loss control of it all. When you feel tired take a break to rest and also allow your brain to rest also. Initially I had issues with sleeping because my mind was working overtime and my body was restless also. I needed my mind to settle and so I would do things like, have a warm bath and indulge in a cup of fusion tea, alongside put up some scented candles. All of these to unwind not only my body but also my mind and before I went to bed I would say this prayer Proverbs 3:24 "When I lie down, I Layo will not be afraid; Yes, i will lie down and my sleep will be sweet.

When I first heard the news of my dear husband like you my blood pressure hit the roof but I thank God for restoring and healing Jeremiah 30:17. You should master your body to know when to flag up changes and seek medical advise. My doctor is a great man when I visited on many occasions which I did so often, he would ask me how I was feeling generally, I would bust into tears and pour my heart out and he would encourage me and tell me all will be well. Its very easy to get so stressed out and then slip into depression alongside all other illness but by his stripes we were made whole... 1 Peter 2:24.

When you are feeling sad, here are a few To- dos:

  • Talk about it first with God, then a close family member or friend who genuinely understand how you feel.
  • Read your bible or a book.
  • Listen to gospel music. This did wonders to my soul, gave me hope and put a smile on my face every time.
  • Enjoy the good memories you shared and have a good laugh sharing them with the kids, friends or family members.
  • Have a good cry if you need to for its all part of the process.
  • Make a list of a 100 things to be thankful for and as you make them you will discover many more.
  • Clear you mind completely before you go to bed.
  • Enjoy the presence of nature, find a location that's peaceful for you, you would be surprised how much weight you drop.

Finally, don't ignore warning signs if you see any changes please seek medical advise and get the treatment best suitable for you for early detection is KEY. Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge." For it is better to seek medical attention than for you to turn a blind eye. Don't be worried about what anyone would say because your health, life, happiness and your children are paramount.

My prayer is that as we have we accept the things we can't change may we remain focused to work on the ones we can.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Layo,God bless you,many at times the thoughts of how do i go about this and looking after the children makes us forget ourselves and our health. Yesterday i was so moody and stressed up-cleaning and washing, the children and all i could do was shout at the children. head ache sets in and i couldnt help it again,but before i slept i had a bathe, relaxed and prayed (dont like using drugs) i woke up feeling refreshed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's well dear, I know exactly how you feel. I usually find time for myself and I ask the kids to give me time to rest although they give me time I often hear them because am a very light sleeper. Still it's vital ht we rest. It's well

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I do most times: Pour my heart to God; sometimes talk to my bestfriend in Nigeria for about 1hour on phone; have a good cry and may sleep off in the process and my latest hobby now is to go on a bus or train ride just to enjoy nature and appreciate God's works.Through this seemingly dark phase of our lives,God's light will shine forth and cause His glory to be seen in our lives.God bless you my sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I talk about it with my sister and friend and they encourage me a lot too. It is well, I know God will never leave us.
      Amen

      Delete