Monday 18 February 2013

I STILL WANT TO SAY THANK YOU

A few days ago I watched a movie titled "The curious case of Benjamin Button". There was a particular scene where he was in a conversation with an old woman that he had described as someone who made a difference in his life. She said to him "the people we love the most must die, how else do we appreciate them for coming into our lives". I thought about it for a second and could see the logic behind because in certain relationships, often individuals are not appreciated enough until they are no more, however the dieing is always the painful part for us to bear.

As i traced my steps back to see how far I had come in life I remain extremely thankful to God for bringing my husband my way because through him I was able to unlock so much. Especially during the challenging times it was then I learnt how to be patient, loving, supportive and how not to back talk. Through it all, I was also able to further develop my God giving gifts. I fully understand that quote that says people come into our lives for a reason, season and a lifetime.

You cry and ask God why he allowed your husband go but Job 1:21 “Naked I came from my mother’s womb,and naked I will depart. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised.” Psalm 28:7 also says "The Lord is my strength and shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me and my heart leaps for joy,and with my song I praise him". Please dry your tears and be thankful to God for bringing him your way even if your relationship wasn't as good as you would have wanted. The fact still remains because of your husband you are not were you used to be,changes have been birth from your union and the best of you is still yet to come. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 says we should give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. My husband was the angel God assigned to me for a season and when the season ended although very hurtful I made the decision to celebrate him and to be thankful to God for bringing him my way.

God knew this day will come and he made preparations for you. I recollect earlier on before God took my husband with him, he arranged a friend of ours to be around for me. God was aware that she was going on her journey and needed me there to support her because he knew she was going to have to support in my time of need. Just as Elijah was sent to the widow of Zerapath.. See 1st King 17. We must learn to see God in the midst of our trials and get into the habit of thanksgiving. Truly God cannot thank himself so has asked that you come before him always with a thankful heart no matter the circumstances.

My dear sisters, get your praise and thanksgiving attitude on even in the midst of it all.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this wonderful piece,God bless you. The grace to continually render praises unto God is what I ask from the Lord.Help me to praise you from the very depth of my heart even when I do not feel like it.I know You are more than enough for me,o Lord.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes dear its one of the hardest things to do. You are hurting and you are been asked to say thank you, but you see if we look at the situation we will always find a million and one reasons to be thankful. I struggle too and pray God's grace continues to make me see the many reasons why I must be thankful.

      Delete