Thursday 28 February 2013

SATISFIED WITH HIM

I recollect my first day back at church after my hubby passed on, it was quite interesting. I was hooked up with a mixture of emotions from excitment, to sadness, to fear, yes fear and for the first time in my life I was afraid of stepping into God's house. I was griped with so much fear that I could literally hear the sound of my own heart beat, and in-spite of it all I was very determined to honor God with thanksgiving for all he had done in my life. From that day on I began to experience an extra boost of his strength although I had my difficult moments when I would break down and cry still I could see God's foot prints walking with me all the way.

The out pour of strength God gave me became so evident that some people thought I was made of steel, because I would hear things like "you are so strong" or "when I heard about the news i wasn't too worried about you because I knew you were strong and would be ok" I was grateful for their show of love however, i couldn't help but wonder maybe because I wasn't walking with my head down, or draped in black clothing with thick black clouds hovering over my head they thought I wasn't grieving and perhaps that approach was wrong.Indeed God is aware of our pain and so he says my child,

"there is nothing to fear, for I am with you, do not look around you in terror and be dismayed for I am God. I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes I will help you and uphold you with my victorious right hand of rightness and justice. Isaiah 41:10. 

Just like you, what was not so visible were the breaking down times when we would cry, or the sleepless nights because fear cuddled us up, or the times we felt lonely and wanted our husband back because we can't understand why he is no more. Well It all became a bit too much for me after a while and once more I moved into another stage of grief and stress began to show its ugly face still I grabbed unto the hands of hope because God was enough, he was all I needed. .  


Matthew 11:28-30

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Even when some of your friends are no where to be found It is that strength which he has given you that keeps you going, or when your day isn't going as you would like it to and you simply just break down to cry again It is that strength that keeps you going, remember God still wants you to be fully satisfied with him and so, let his words comfort, strengthen you and restore peace back to you.

Psalm 23:1 "The lord is my shepherd; I shall lack nothing, even in the midst of chaos, pain and sorrow. God wants us to put our trust in him, knowing he will continue to strengthen us some more and heal our hurting hearts. He wants us to be fully satisfied with him even when we can't see through the dark clouds."


My dear sisters I know with God in us time indeed is a healer of all wounds and your joy shall again return In the mighty name of Jesus.


4 comments:

  1. This is exactly what people tell me.They would say" You are so strong"; "You are really trying o!" I would just smile and answer " Thank you".I know the intensity of my cries behind closed doors,on my bed to the extent that I would have headaches for days.The kind of headaches that defies analgesics or even relaxants but in all this I thank God for being my source of strength.I don't know what would have been my destiny if it had not been for God.Though the journey is rough,unpleasant and lonely but look unto Him who is the Comforter to wipe your tears; the Husband to the widow; the Father to the fatherless;the Sustainer of our lives.Let our motto be: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.It is well with us.Thanks for this piece my sister.More inspirations in Jesus name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your words of encouragement. The Lord is working it all out for our good.

      Delete
  2. yes i believe and i know that i can do all things through Christ who gives me the strength,but you see i just couldnt help it,maybe because of the way he passed on but i still believe that my God is able and he will carry me through. I will continue to draw my strength from his word and not allow the enemy still my joy, i will put out every form of pity frm me and allow God do the thing he wants to do in me.He has told me again this month that his thought towards me are of good to give me a future and a hope. I will hold on to him . Thanks Layo may The Lord continue to inspire you the more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recollect asking God to help me understand how and why, but God wanted me to trust him first, then he revealed and closure came. I am satisfied with God because he alone has the answers. It's is well with us

      Delete