Monday 25 February 2013

RE-NAMED

I was at home with a friend watching a program  on the tv when my mind wondered off I began thinking of all God has done in my life. Out of gratitude I yelled "I have been re-named". My friend looking a bit confused, asked me what i meant. I have been through so much in my life I said, as far back as my teenage years and through every challenge, God was always there to bail me out and my conclusion is through it all God changed my name. I am the APPLE OF HIS EYES.

When a child is born, the parents chose a name associated with something special in their lives. I recollect been pregnant when my father passed away and the joy I felt when I was informed I was having a boy it was great knowing he would be named after my father. The bible record names were carefully chosen to have meaning and purpose and although some where related to events surrounding the birth of the child, however there were also other stories where God re-named some people around the Challenges they had faced. In genesis 17:5 God changed Abram's name to Abraham which means "father of many nations". Take a look at God's instructions for us his children:

Deuteronomy 27:19 "Cursed is anyone who withholds justice from the foreigner, the fatherless or the widows.  


James 1:27 "Religion that God our father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Jeremiah 49:11 "Leave your fatherless children; I will do what is necessary to preserve them alive. And let those who have been made your widows trust and confide in Me."

Ephesians 3:20-21 "Now to Him Who, by the action of His power that is at work within us, is able to carry out His purpose and do superabundantly, far over and above all that we dare ask or think infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams". 

God made it quite clear that we are not to be tampered with and indeed we are the apple of his eye, all we need do is put our trust in him. So if God has re-named you for his purpose why re-name your self as pitiful, unhappy, and most of all a failure. Did he not re-name Ruth.  
Her name in biblical term mean companion, friendly, vision of beauty all of which exude through her. With all her challenges, she was still able to care for her mother in-law and God favoured her.
That challenge is the reason for a name change so trust God on this one and know that if he has brought you this far, he will not turn his back on you.



2 comments:

  1. That is what we call REBRANDING! Really,it is all about RE-PACKAGING!Infact I gave myself another wonderful name following my hubby's demise.I am known and addressed as Precious girl, Eyinlojuolodumare.I am so special unto this God that He daily assures me of His love.It was God that did not allow me to have Hypertension or even Psychiatric disorder because He loves me.I do not have the full picture of His plans for me but I know that His thoughts are of good and not evil to take me to an expected end.......END OF STORY/ Q.E.D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are precious in his eyes and he will go to any lengths for us, we must however remain faithful in the good and the not so good seasons.

      REBRANDING with a purpose, Amen

      Delete