Friday 22 March 2013

LONELINESS

When will it go away, when will it stop, I can't cope anymore its lonely. You roll over to get a bit  more comfortable and that empty space where your beloved husband occupied seem to be staring you in the face every night it really is a great challenge I tell you. 

God created us for relationship and to fellowship with him, then with ourselves and out of it came the greatest command Love. Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 "Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls, For he has no one to help him up. Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm; But how can one be warm alone? Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him. And a threefold cord is not quickly broken. Techincally you are not alone, you are connected in agreement with God and the good news is God is standing by us at all times. Isaiah 54:4 For your Maker is your husband the Lord Almighty is his name the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer he is called the God of all the earth.

The feeling of loneliness can be triggered at any time . I recollect seeing a young couple possibly in their early 20's walking hand in hand without a care in the world, seeing them at that point brought back a flood of memories and I wasn't able to fight back my tears as the feeling of pain and loneliness consumed me. There are times when I would narrate my feelings to friends and family and although they feel my pain for me and encourage me, however loneliness kicks in when am all by myself. Or when I am struggling with things like trying to reset the printer( I have now given up on it) or mowing the lawn and helping out with the kids, or getting rid of that nasty spider.

Is Jesus aware of our loneliness, of course he is. Hebrews 4:14-16 " Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven,Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. 15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. 16 Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. Don't feel ashamed of your loneliness because he feels it with you and by his grace you will overcome it Amen.


How can you shut the door on loneliness? 
Proverbs 12:25 Anxiety weighs down the heart, but a kind word cheers it up. Loneliness leads to anxiety and then worry and all other health issues.   1Timothy 5:5 "We must continually put our trust in him as we pray without ceasing night and day. I found out when i take my mind of me for a second and focus on other people I  occupy the room of loneliness. I do things like listen to gospel dance music and just dance, write or read, engage in a phone conversation with family and friends, engage in activities with the kids and also get busy with my passion all of these help me a great deal, although i have my moments but I do snap out of it. Don't be afraid either for God will strengthen and uphold you (Isaiah 41:10). 

Be determined to control your own attitudes and emotions and just think for a second what would your husband want. I bet he would want for you to be happy and to carry on living. At this stage in my life am aiming for a stress free life and loneliness is stressful. Hook up with people that make you happy at all times and get rid of those who do nothing but speak evil.  You too can snap out of it but all you need do is connect with it in your thoughts and it will feed through proverbs 23:7.  

Finally begin to enjoy been occupied and  allow God deal with the loneliness side of things and never forget it will get better much sooner rather than later.





No comments:

Post a Comment