Sunday 17 March 2013

WHAT NEXT

It amazing how some people plan out your move and usually you seem to be the last one to find out. Often i would hear things like "so what's next? or would you be relocating,  or would you continue working" i guess out of concern these questions arise, however It becomes more of a challenge because already my room mates battle it out in my head. 

One of the most challenging issue every widow faces including myself is making the right decision at the right time. We are responsible for the decisions involving  our personal  lives and our children's lives. Initially I  was prepared to take myself and the kids alongside our travel documents and just head on out in the direction of my legs however God drew my attention to the many 
impromptu choices I had made so many times in my life. In the process God confirmed his words through my older brother and he prompted me to pray and wait for Gods approval. While some widows may make decisions such as making that big move or a change in career and although i am open to change, i however have decided to embrace the moment I currently find myself in now, that moment of growth and of stillness before God.

There are two ways to wait... The 1st person passively waits and hopes something good will come and after a short wait their patience to wait runs out and then they give up. The 2nd person on the other hand waits expectantly in  hope and believe that a change is coming soon. No matter the gravity of their challenge all they see and embrace is hope. 
 Waiting on God isn't always the easiest of all things however you must wait expectantly. Waiting was David's secrets of begin a man after God's heart.

Perhaps you are at a point now trying to make decisions on all the outstanding projects you and your husband embarked on before his early  departure. Please don't feel you have to stop and put these plans on hold seek God and he will lead you..... Proverbs 3:5-7...... 5)  Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6) in all your ways submit to him and he will make your paths straight.  

While you wait on God be excited, don't walk about looking miserable or confused, or loosing sleep over  any problems, prepare your self to receive don't you know if you stay focussed on the matter to hand you would loose God's presence in the matter and miss out on the next step. if he has said it, he will definitely do it all he wants is for us to keep our praise on as we wait on him. Allow the world see God's greatness in you and be a testimony of the power of God. Isaiah 40:31 "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.  

My sisters be of good courage and trust the Lord for he will not fail us. He has loved us from time and still does and when we wait patiently on him suddenly God comes through for us.







4 comments:

  1. That was my headache over the last two weeks. It got so bad that I was losing my sleep (losing the few hours I manage to get!). Had to call my parents,best friend,my siblings when I was getting too tensed. I also poured out my heart desperately to God. My conclusion from my worries.......LEAVE EVERYTHING TO GOD.DON'T ALLOW THE ENEMY TO KILL YOU WITH THE "WORRIES". I am too precious to God for Him to fail me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps 146:9 The Lord has asked us to take it easy for he will do what needs doing. Stillness is Gods language everything contrary to this is a bad translation. Be still while you waiting and trust the God of Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. its good to know others are with me in this as well...At some point in time it was getting too overwehlming and i was beginning to loose sleep...i mean all the decisions i needed to make about the kids and one day i just told myself... you need to be alive to make these decisions and follow them through ..thinking or loosing your precious sleep over them will not stop God from doing what he will do in your life....and that was the turning point...i just let go and let God...yes let him be the driver while i relax at the rear seat...and so far its working...be anxious for nothing..phil 4:6

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chinyere dear you are so correct. I know now that with every challenge I face that I have no power over I just move on and let God. It's well.

    ReplyDelete