Monday 4 February 2013

ANGER MANAGEMENT


Just the other day I went into a high street shop to do some shopping, but unknown to me my hand bag that I bought previously from the same shop had some sort of security alarm fitted inside of it and it could be re-activated by other alarm systems from other shops. As I walked into the shop I beeped but no one came to my rescue, although I didn't purchase anything, i just carried on as normal. After about a hour or more I proceeded to exit the shop but on getting to the door I beeped again only this time the security guard walked up to me and said "can I have your bag"......O'boy I felt my anger erupt like a volcano and I instantly told the security guard exactly how my heart felt and I proceeded to inform him that I had just lost my husband and was in no mood for any dramas. I wasn't seeking sympathy I just wanted to be left alone it was fresh and I was hurting. Anyways the matter was resolved and I left feeling angry and sorry for myself as I began thinking of my hubby. I thought if he was alive that dude would have smelt it,   although thinking of it now It probably wouldn't have made much difference because my husband would have just calmed me down but I guess talking to him about it would have been great for me.

You see the devil will attack you even in your current state, and anger is one of the emotions that comes with the territory. Peter tells us to be well-balanced and temperate, withstanding the devil at his onset (see 1 Peter 5:8-9). Anger is inevitable and will come as a result of your pain alongside other possible unrelated issues, however when it comes we should ask God for grace to exercise self-control.

Romans 12:19. Trust God and He will take care of you and protect you. Understand you can't change your current situation, but when you give it to God, He’ll use it to bring you a better future. You should see your current situation as a pause button to reflect and take a back seat as God prepares you for the second half of your life. Don't allow the devil use the veil of anger to block the purpose God has mapped out for you.

Your anger maybe towards someone who has made matters worse or unbearable for you at the moment, Do not say "I will repay evil", wait for the lord and he will deliver you (proverbs 20:22). If the Judge who never feared God or regarded men can avenge for the persistent widow how much more you will God avenge for us. Read Luke 18:1-8.

God is still working on our behalf 24/7 please relief yourself from the emotions of anger, sorrow, pain, unhappiness and all others as their main purpose is to tamper with your health and prevent you from stepping into the purpose God has for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment